Friday, April 15, 2011
Work It Brooklyn Industry Focus: Music
Click here to register.
It’s no big secret that Brooklyn is the epicenter of independent music in America and Work It Brooklyn is psyched to announce, in partnership with Women In Music, a very special Industry Focus event on Wednesday, April 20th at Coco66 in Greenpoint. This panel and networking event geared towards independent musicians and artists (of all genders) is bolstered by a panel of heavy-hitting music industry professionals eager to share their knowledge and insight as well as answer your burning questions as well as a select group of local industry VIPs who will be ready to network with participants during the mingling slots of the event.
• Jeff Price, CEO/Founder/President, Tunecore
• Liz Leahy, CEO/Co-Founder, Section 101
• Michael Corcoran, President, MusicSUBMIT
• Ben Markowitz, Product Experience Manager, Fanbridge
• Jayce Varden, Director/Co-Founder, Pledgemusic.com
• Shamita Carriman Esq. (moderator), Carriman Law Group & Women In Music
Have questions for any of these panelists? Please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
• 7:00-7:15pm Check in and Mingling
• 7:15-7:40pm Speed Networking
• 7:45-9:00pm Panel Discussion and Q&A
• 9:00-10:00pm Mix, Mingle, and Demo Exchange
What is Speed Networking?
Think musical chairs meets speed dating, where attendees get to meet and speak through this spunky and time sensitive activity.
Bring a handful or two of your CDs to swap with other musicians, VIPs, or anyone else you encounter. There will also be a table where you can put your CDs as well as collect those of other attendees.
Look forward to seeing you there!