Wunderman, April 2012 – Present
Social Media Strategist, Freelance
• Work to develop campaign specific social media strategy for global Client; Coordinate with Client's internal social media team to ensure messaging is in keeping with brand voice and guidelines, while staying true to campaign strategy
• Develop integrated brand social media strategy for another client; Work closely with account team and client to ensure proper messaging; Create strategies that are campaign relevant, yet still make sense on relevant social media platforms
• Work closely with creative department to create holistic strategies, with social as an integral element
• Educate clients and colleagues on social media best practices and emerging platforms/apps
Head of Social Media / Special Ops
• Manage Zemoga corporate social strategy including editing corporate blog on thought leadership, company culture, tech, design and innovation and corporate and executive Twitter accounts.
• Develop external social media strategies for clients including both B2B and B2C companies.
• Editor of Zemoga’s blog on new directions in digital pharma, Pixels & Pills. Manage Pixels&Pills Twitter account and community.
• Led team coordinating Social Media Week Bogotá, including finding speakers (Jonathan Richman and Peter Shankman) and creating content for the Social Media Week blog.
• Track and report on social media engagement using tools including Google Analytics, Crowdbooster and Compete.
• Have grown engagement on all social media channels and readership on both blogs by over 20% in less than six months.
Work It Brooklyn, December 2009 – Present
Co-Founder and Community Manager
• Co-founder of successful online and offline networking coalition for creative people living and/or working in Brooklyn, NY.
• Manage the online community at @workitbrooklyn and a dedicated Facebook group.
• Lead business development and event planning including procuring sponsorship from local businesses and media outlets.
Freelance Blogger and Writer
February 2009 – Present
• Started online diary of personal experience being unemployed in Brooklyn called Unemployed Brooklyn featured in media outlets including NY1 News, theFrisky.com, Rue89.com.
• Utilized public profile to organize a series of networking events and meet-ups for unemployed and under-employed people in community.
• Increased traffic by 30% using social-networking tools and SEO.
• Readership continues to grow.
• Wrote and researched articles related to unemployment and job-hunting for AOL Jobs blog.
DEX New York, June 2007 – November 2008
• Managed daily operations and staff of a start-up cosmetics company, photo studio and beauty atrium.
• Communicated daily with outside PR firm to ensure appropriate media placement.
• Planned several in-studio events, including a charity event benefiting the Young Survival Coalition.
• Collaborated with producers to facilitate production of photo shoots, events, editorial and ad campaigns.
• Acted as point-person training of all staff on new point of sale system.
• Updated employee handbook on a continual basis.
Brandeis University, Bachelor of Arts, cum laude
I am social media strategist and digital culturalist, obsessed with our ever changing use of social media platforms as tools to connect people and to make lives better and richer. I love the challenge of educating people on the use of these platforms and the process of marketing with social media. I'm very excited to see the adoption of social media platforms, as they evolve from something that only computer programming nerds or teenagers were using to communicate to being widely utilized and accepted by people from all walks of life.